-
December 28th, 2000, 11:14 AM
#1
Inactive Member
OK - here`s the deal. My name`s Wes, I`m 24, I`ve been a freelance writer a long time, I almost had a chance with scripting at C4 UK, and I`m sick and tired of sitting by and waiting professionally for things to happen. Throwing the term `career` to the wind, and deciding to release my inspiration and creativity - I have penned a very low-budget psycho-drama to be shotr by myself and a small group of aquaintances on Super8.... the problem? I`m lame. When I say lame, I don`t mean wounded or completyely retarded - I just need a little help on the technical side of things. For example - I have 2 Bell&Howell S8 cameras, a projector, editing sliper etc. etc.... but can any1 help with other factors. Such as theres been speculation as to what to use for SOUND. Some say DAT, others say minidisc. And EDITING... we can afford a `print`, so we eithwer splice the negative or convert tom tape. If so.... where is the cheapest place to go for such things? And FILM COST... the chweapest I`ve gfound is ?15 for 3 1/2 mins.... ANY1 KNOW ANY BETTER??? CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I`D APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.... please - someone - help me. My e.mails:-
[email protected]
[email protected]
Looking forward to any advice.....
Cheers.
Wes!
-
December 28th, 2000, 12:45 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Wes,
About the film price: I know a good place where you can get Super8 film for around $9 per cartridge, including processing. It's Wittner-Kinotechnik in Germany. Take a look at filmmaterial.com or at www.wittner-kinotechnik.de. I hope this helps. Success with your project!
David
-
December 29th, 2000, 05:32 PM
#3
Inactive Member
You will need a better camera first of all.You will need something that can hold sync(either cable synce or crystal). Then you will need a way to either blow up you footage to either 16mm or 35mm for traditional editing or have a good tranfer done that will hold sync with you field tapes. If you have any detailed questions please feel free to email me. Good Luck
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks